BECOME THE DIVER WHO EVERYONE WANTS TO FOLLOW
It’s easy to lose orientation underwater. There are no sun references & few shadows. Wherever we look, the big blue surrounds us. How can I find the right way for our dive & how do we return to the boat safely?
When with a guide, these problems are normally solved because we’re following someone who knows the area and has expert navigation skills. But what happens if a group of friends decides to do the same dive? Or what if we’ve become separated from the group?
The PADI Underwater Navigation course provides knowledge and the necessary practise to become a group leader, capable of guiding in the apropriate direction for the circumstances. This is a recomended course that increases your skills developing situational control and safety underwater.
You will never be lost, you will know exactly where you’re going.
During this course you’ll learn to:
- Establish efficient navigation patterns.
- Navigate naturally (without a compass, relying on visible signs/clues)
- Navigate using a compass, establishing directions.
- Mark a submerged object or position it on/at the surface.
- Create a subacuatic map.
- Relocate diving sites.
- Calculate distances underwater.
- Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent).
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 24 months.
- Theoretical modules where you’ll learn techniques to navigate with and without instruments (compass).
- Open water practises (dives in Almuñécar and La Herradura).