INCREASE YOUR DIVING TIMES/RECORDS WITH ENRICHED AIR
The Enriched Air PADI course has become one of the most popular and is a first option for divers who want to increase their knowledge & skills after obtaining their basic certification. It’s easy to see why.
One of the first concepts a diver must learn from the very begining is that Nitrogen in the air becomes dangerous when compressed by the depth and breathed-in by the diver. This Nitrogen is released into the blood stream in tiny bubbles which limit the amount of deep dive time to shorter periods (to avoid high levels of nitrogen absortion).
Nitrox Enriched Air is breathable air in which the Oxygen level has been slightly increased, lowering a proportional amount of Nitrogen in the mixture. The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular speciality scuba course. Why? Because scuba diving with enriched air -Nitrox – reduces your decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver.
Diving with Enriched Air is safer than breathing regular air, but it’s not void of risks. That is why a course is necessary – to evaluate NITROX diving benefits and risks.
- Open Water Diver certification (or equivalent).
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- –Multimedia theory divided into two modules where you’ll learn:
- Security aspects related to Enriched Air use.
- Recognition and use of specific Enriched Air gear.
- Aspects of Oxygen exposure.
- How to analyse Enriched Air and obtain refills.
- Configuration of diving computers to use a variety of NITROX mixes.
- How to react in case of a NITROX related emergency.
- You will alsolearn: to use a Recreational Dive Planner with Enriched Air; to manage Equivalent Air Depth (EAD) & Oxygen Exposure Limits, enabling you to plan Enriched Air dives.
- You will undertake two NITROX Enriched Air dives so that you experience the advantages for yourself.
- The student will receive a course kit containing a manual & DVD, a Partial Oxygen Pressure table, an Equivalent Air Depth table & EANx32 and EAN x36 tables.